Another MeMe I managed to get involved in today…
Actually, I think this is probably the best MeMe out there. No kidding, it is just so cool. And, it basically started with idea that was prompted by the book written by Larry Smith & Rachel Fershleiser, Not Quite What I Was Planning: Six Word Memoirs by Writers Famous & Obscure. Itâ€™s a compilation based on the story that Hemingway once bet ten dollars that he could sum up his life in six words. His words were, â€œFor Sale: Baby Shoes, Never Worn.â€
- Write your own six word memoir.
- Post it to your blog including a visual illustration if you would like.
- Link to the person who tagged you in your post and to this original post if possible so we can track it as it travels across the blogsphere
- Tag 5 more blogs with links
- Donâ€™t forget to leave a comment in the tagged blogs with an invitation to play
So, my six words: Organized Chaos, Open Mind, Loose Tongue
I started to ask my husband and relative or two for opinions. I had a few ideas of what I wanted but couldn’t make the words all work together. Finally, as I sat down at my computer this time I managed to just have the thoughts roll out of my fingertips, without even a second thought.
It was part of the MeMe to explain my six words but, the last part, loose tongue should tell you why I feel the need to expound.
So, Organized Chaos: At one time in my life I was so organized and anal it was obnoxious. Then, I had children and with that, my life turned a little chaotic. I’m still organized, I just have to manage to keep the chaos organized right now.
Open Mind: I am the most open minded person I know. I know many people would probably say that about themselves but for me, I believe it and most of the people around me seem to agree. I can’t tell you the last time I actually took a situation, a person, an act and made a curt decision that I expected other people to follow. I truly believe that it is best to allow everyone around you to be themselves and when you do that, you can truly start to appreciate the person they are. You don’t have to like it, but you don’t have to call it wrong. I can’t even think of the last time I looked at someone and said, “that’s wrong”. People do what people do and as long as they aren’t hurting anyone or if the pain is going to only be invoked on themselves, I’m ok with it. You do your thing, I’ll do mine. If our paths cross? wonderful. If they don’t? No harm done.
Loose Tongue: This one has always been my nemesis. I’ve never been able to control my tongue. It’s like stuff comes through my ears, I ferment it and then it by-passes that discriminatory part of my brain and before I know it, words are flowing out of my mouth. And, in reference to the Open Mind, most often the people who are offended by my tongue are those conservatives who have very little room for accepting outside their realm of judgement. Boy Genius says that my desire to explain everything has taken root in our oldest son who makes me dizzy when he finds it necessary to explain every last detail of a situation. However, when I want to make a point, that’s what I do. My tongue (or sometimes my fingers) just start producing thoughts and they never manage to make it through a filter so as not to offend.
So, now the time has come for me to tag 5 people for this MeMe. For a long time I didn’t tag people, I simply did my Me Me’s and encouraged those around me to join in. But, as I said, I think this is the best one I’ve ever seen and participated in so, I’m gonna suggest some folks give it a whirl. I’m picking people that I know have some serious creative genes and I’m already excited with what they might come up with.
So, my tags go to:
1. Nino from Cease, Cows life is short. I know you don’t normally do these Me Me’s but even you will like this one and enjoy the spirit in which it takes to do it.
2. Bad Penguin Another person who doesn’t normally do them but has some awesome creativity and I can’t wait to see it.
3. So a Blonde Walks Into a Blog always has some great words to lead you and draw you in, this should be no different
4. Miss Zoot is always more than just a little bit full of great adjectives and I figure with a newborn, a toddler and a teenager….she will definitely come up with something really good.
5. Look Daddy is one of those folks that give you some of the best information and then manage to lead you totally astray with the exact place he wanted you to be. This should be no different if he will participate.
I couldn’t stop at five and if you go read Mary Poppins, you will know why I’ve included her. And, finally, Chelle designed my blog theme and she certainly have enough creative juices to share that I KNOW she will give me a great six words.
These last two I’m going to let off the hook if they decide they simply don’t have time, but really, the six words that they come up with will probably be enough to sustain my happiness for many many years to come. They are Y at Joy Unexpected I promise you, the humor in this woman’s brain, will not disappoint. And lastly, you should know as well as I do, an UnderpaidkeptWoman surely has something great to say in just six worlds.
So, that’s quite a few tags, surely at least one or two of them will participate.
And, please, if you do it, let me know so I can come check it out and pass on the goodness.